Saturday 2 January 2010

Where I've come from

I can not recall a time when I did not know that I was a girl as well as a boy. As a youngster it was confusing, as a young adult I tried to repress it, as a twenty-something it contributed to my sliding into a cycle of depression. As an outsider through school I was never very good at making friends and though I fit in at university I never did very well in the dating stakes. When as an adult I met the girl who is now my wife, I knew she was special. Early in our relationship I knew my mood stood a good chance of ending it and so I took one of the biggest chances of my life.

I told her.

And she went out and bought me a nightdress and robe. I am lucky enough to share my life with the most amazing woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.