Thursday 7 January 2010

It aint about the clothes.

One of the milestones in my understanding of being transgendered came a few years ago when I realised that what I was wearing made no difference to who I am. That sounds really obvious with hindsight, but sometimes the bleedin' obvious passes you by.

I like wearing female clothing for the way it feels, the way it makes me feel and the way it makes me look. But I don't need to wear it to be the girl I am inside, and the point I realised that was the point I fully understood the difference between cross-dressing and being transgendered.

So I'm not going to use this medium to talk about clothes. No excited posts about fantastic sale finds, no hot style tips from a transgendered giant. 

Shame, judging by my observations from the coffee-shop window this world has a hell of a lot of people needing style tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.